2021 Inaugural Morelli Colloquy | Resources and References
Opening Keynote Conversation: Dr. Tiffany N. Florvil and Professor Natsu Taylor Saito
· Mobilizing Black Germany: Afro-German Women and the Making of a Transnational Movement, Tiffany N. Florvil, 2020.
First Panel Discussion: Professor Jeannie Bell, Dr. Manuela Boatcă, Professor Matthew L.M. Fletcher
· Modernity and Ambivalence, Zygmunt Bauman, 1993.
· “The Social Sciences, Epistemic Violence, and the Problem of the 'Invention of the Other,'" Santiago Castro-Gómez, trans. Desiree A. Martin, in Nepantla: Views from South (Duke University Press) Volume 3, Issue 2, 2002.
· “Coloniality of Power and Eurocentrism in Latin America,” Aníbal Quijano, in International Sociology, 2000, Volume 15, Issue 2.
· “Rethinking Jews and Muslims: Quincentennial Reflections,” https://merip.org/1992/09/rethinking-jews-and-muslims, 1992.
· "1492: A New World View," Sylvia Wynter in Race, Discourse, and the Origin of the Americas: A New World View. Ed. Sylvia Wynter, Vera Lawrence Hyatt, and Rex Nettleford, 1995.
· “Gender and Environmental History,” Carolyn Merchant in Journal of American History, Volume 76, Issue 4, 1990.
· Inter-imperiality: Vying Empires, Gendered Labor, and the Literary Arts of Alliance, Laura Doyle, 2020
· Policing Hatred: Law Enforcement, Civil Rights, and Hate Crime, Jeannine Bell, 2002
· Anishinaabe-Gaganoozh, (comic book), Matthew L.M. Fletcher, https://turtletalk.files.wordpress.com/2021/04/anishinaabe-gaganoozh-comic-book.pdf, 2021.
· McGirt v. Oklahoma, https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/19pdf/18-9526_9okb.pdf, 2020.
· Police: A Field Guide, David Correia, 2018.
Second Panel Discussion: Professor Sahar Aziz, Dr. Chandra Frank, Dr. Khary Oronde Polk
· The Racial Muslim: When Racism Quashes Religious Freedom, Sahar Aziz, (August) 2021.
· Showing Our Colors: Afro-German Women Speak Out, May Ayim, 1986.
· Last of the Conquerors, William Gardner Smith, 1948.
· “Identity Crisis,” Sahar Aziz, https://saharaziz.medium.com/identity-crisis-dcacd9a45cba, 2021.
Closing Conversation: Professor Emily Houh, Professor Kristin Kalsem, Dr. Sunnie Rucker-Chang
· Braiding Sweetgrass: Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge, and the Teachings of Plants, Robin Wall Kimmerer, 2013.
· “Words to Say it: The Racial Characterization of the Field Survey to Writing,” Sarah Mazouz, The Politics of the Survey, Ethnographic Trials, 2008.
· International Law and Empire: Historical Explorations, Martti Koskenniemi, Walter Rech, and Manuel Jiménez Fonseca, 2017.
· Racial Formation in the United States, Michael Omi, 1986.
· Female Subjectivity in African American Women’s Narratives of Enslavement: Beyond Borders, L. Myles, 2009.